Last updated: 2017-07-25
This is my /Now page. This is everything I’m up to…right now.
I’m currently living in Portland, OR with my wife and our two Pomeranians. I work from home and my neighbors must surely think I’m unemployed…or a drug dealer.
Things that are keeping me busy and excited these days.
- I just moved my home office into the basement of my home. The space is huge and I’m loving it…so much. I never want to leave.
- Still typing Dvorak — it’s still my obsession. I switched back in October and my typing speed on Dvorak is now about 10 WPM better that it was on QWERTY.
- I try to spend at least a few hours each day working on my typing speed. TypingBolt has been pretty fun for that.
- Being the CEO of UpBuild. I’m also working to hire an operations person to help get some admin and operational tasks off my plate so that I can refocus on where I bring unique value to the organization.
- Planning a lot of travel — I’m planning to go down to visit family in California for a few weeks, will be speaking at my first international conference in October, holding an UpBuild company retreat in Denver a few weeks before that, and planning a get away to Florida with friends in Nov/Dec.
- Listening to this Spotify Playlist — I’ve been listening to this playlist almost every work day since September 2016. I’ve found that listening to the same thing every day gets me in the zone. Since there’s almost nothing new to me in it (I might add a new song every month), I don’t become distracted by the music itself (I was a musician before I got involved with the internet and new or complex music can easily highjack my focus).
- Not playing the classical guitar as much as I would like, but I’m planning to pick it up more in August.
- Reading a bunch of books
- Small Giants
- Tools of Titans
- Journaling in my 5-Minute Journal.
- Listening to podcasts (usually at 1.5—2x speed) any time I’m mobile.
- Tim Ferriss Show — What can I say? I’m completely addicted. There are episodes I’ve listed to 10+ times.
- Masters of Scale — Feels a little overproduced for my taste at times, but really great ideas.
- Yonder — I was a guest on this podcast and my episode will be up in the near future!
- Radio Free Burrito — Wil Wheaton’sexcellentd podcast about nothing and everything
- Becoming Superhuman — Found this when searching for podcast episodes with Basecamp’s DHH. Every episode is great.
- The James Altucher Show — Another great business podcast.
- This Week in Startups — The primary way that I keep plugged into the “tech scene” overall.