Last updated: 2017-02-03
This is my /Now page. This is everything I’m up to…right now.
I’m currently living in Portland, OR with my wife and our two Pomeranians. I work from home and my neighbors must surely think I’m unemployed…or a drug dealer.
Things that are keeping me busy and excited these days.
- Typing Dvorak — This has become an obsession. 😉
- Being the CEO of UpBuild
- Listening to this Spotify Playlist — I’ve been listening to this playlist almost every workday since September. I’ve found that listening to the same thing every day gets me in the zone. Since there’s almost nothing new to me in it (I might add a new song every few months), I don’t become distracted by the music itself (I was a musician before I got involved with the internet and new or complex music can easily highjack my focus).
- Meditation/Zazen — Between 10 and 30 minutes a day. I find I feel my absolute best when I can do 20 minutes or more.
- Journaling in my 5-Minute Journal.
- Getting back to the gym.
- Reading too many books simultaneously.
- Listening to Audiobooks and Podcasts.
- Ready Player One (read by Wil Wheaton) — For some reason, I literally can’t stop listening to this audiobook; it’s my third time through. I listen to in before I go to bed most nights.
- The Tim Ferriss Show — I listen to this podcast nearly every time I take my dogs, and myself, for a walk (3 or 4 times a day).
- The Reboot Podcast — I can sum up this podcast as “interviews focused on figuring ot how to run a company and while also being a human”. It’s not uncommon for the host and/or guest to break down in tears during the conversation; trust me, it’s a good thing.
- Playing Eurogames. Most notably,
- Ticket to Ride: Rails & Sails