Last updated: 2019-03-06
This is my /Now page. This is everything I’m up to…right now.
I published a guest post on the SEMpdx blog today, which I’m super stoked about. Read Engage: An Event to Call Home.
I currently live in Portland, OR with my wife and dog. We used to have another doggo, too, (a sister from the same dog parents) but she passed away recently. It’s still really hard to deal with sometimes.
Things that are keeping me busy and excited these days.
- Going to Engage tomorrow. It’s two days this year which is sure to be both fun and exhausting.
- I’ve just wrapped recording an entire season of the Too Rational podcast with my good friend, Orion. New episodes are still being posted each week. Listen, subscribe, let me know what you think! http://Toorational.fm
- Being the CEO of UpBuild.
- You could sum up my role as “Typist” — I spend 90% my time at my standing desk just typing emails, Slack messages, or blog posts.
- Experimenting with creating my own Synthwave tracks.
- Typing Dvorak — it’s still my obsession. I switched over a year ago and my typing speed on Dvorak is now about 30 WPM better than it was on QWERTY.
- I try to spend at least a few hours each day working on my typing speed. TypingBolt has been pretty fun for that.
- Listening to podcasts (usually at 1.5—2x speed), anytime I’m mobile.
- A friend introduced me to Cortex with CGP Grey and Myke Hurley. It’s just the right blend of work/productivity talk, geekery, and casual banter that I can listen to it at pretty much any time. It’s rare that I find a podcast that I can listen to both during work time and during personal time.
- Work Podcasts: Tim Ferris Show, James Altucher Show, Yonder, Jumpstart/Jeffalytics, Becoming SuperHuman
- Non-Work Podcasts: The Adventure Zone, Strong Songs, the Annotator, Radio Free Burrito
This page was inspired by Derek Sivers and NowNowNow.com. Learn more about /Now pages.